Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)::<->
Q: What are the buttons on top of the map page for?
A: As shown above, 4 to 6 buttons are provided in the top of "Subway (Tour) Map / My Tracks ..." page: they are (starting from left):
- back to the main menu - from main menu, go to Timer page, then click the bell symbol at upper left of the page will take you to the root menu which has more tools
- search for points of attractions(POAs) by key word or category (appears only when POAs added)
- plot named trails on maps (disappears once you started collecting your locations)
- start collecting your location (will turn to red when collecting)
- switch for uploading your collected locations so you or your authorized friends can plot your locations on the maps - will turn to solid-red when uploading is on
- show your fitness data: steps walked, stairs climbed, etc.
Q: How to turn on/off tour map /subway map / offline map
A: As shown above, 4 to 6 buttons are provided in the bottom of "Subway (Tour) Map / My Tracks ..." page depending on data availability of that product:
- On/Off for offline map tiles
- Multi-task menu for your current location, plotting a circled pin at a specific latitude/longitude, etc.
- On/Off for scaled Subway/Tour Map
- On/Off for diagram of Subway or Tour Map (may be scaled)
- Set mapping region when using the application inside China, so your location, points of attractions will match the maps
- Add/Remove/search points of attractions, restaurants, lodgings to/from maps, or open tour guide document
Q: How to share my contacts with friends?
Step A: on your device
1 Open this application, go to Backup/Restore/Report Email page
2 Select Backup (Send Email) and Application Data then click 'Go'
3 In the email sender specify your friend's email address and modify the Subject line !!! DO NOT MODIFY ANY PART OF THE EMAIL BODY !!!
4 In the email sender, send the email to your friend
Step B: on your friend's device
1 Open the email from you, select the content of the email body and copy
2 Install this application, then open this application, go to Backup/Restore/Report Email page
3 Select Restore/Replace and Application Data
4 Paste the copied email content from 1 above into the text area between the two buttons then click 'Go'
5 !!!Important - Restart this application!!! (you can re-start by powering off then powering on your friend's phone/unit)
6 Now all members' information in this app. are transferred to your friend's phone/unit
Q: How to export all my members information to phone's contact's ?
1. In this application, from main menu go to 'Member(s)/Roll Call/Track on Map' page
2. Click the bi-directional arrow symbol next to the map symbol on the page top and follow on-screen instructions
Q: How to add member or my location id(s)
Step A: On your device, ask the member to send his/her location id which can be initiated if you are in member creation/editing page and click the location button
Step B: On member's device, go to 'xxx / My Tracks' page and click the location button on the lower left of the map page and follow the instructions to send the location id to you
The member sends his/her location from within 'xxx / My Tracks' page via SMS
Step C: On your device, after receiving the location id, edit the member's profile, and put the location id in the locid field and make sure the location button next to it is turned on (solid)
Note: Member's location id may change if the member re-installs the application
Q: How can I see the latest/current location of (a) member(s) or mine ?
1. Follow How to add member or my location id(s)
2. On member's device go to 'xxx / My Tracks...' page's top, click the Star button located in the middle of the page's top, location upload button so they both turn into red. On some Android devices, it may take up to an hour before it starts to post - an alert will show with message: 'Successfully posted your location ...'
3. On this device, from main menu goto to 'Member(s)/Roll Call ...' page, click the map symbol in the upper right corner, then click the location button to show member's location
Q: How can I see the tracks of (a) member(s) or mine?
1. Follow How to add member or my location id(s)
2. On member's device
- go to 'xxx / My Tracks...' page's top
- click the White Star in Green button located in page's top middle
- click the location upload/push button (a square arrow-out) so it turns into red
- move the device for about 100 meter (more responsive when driving)
- Android ONLY: click the 3-bar button in page bottom, then "My current Location" to get an immediate location push
- An alert will show with message: 'Successfully posted your location ...'
- The trail of the device will be plotted on the 'xxx / My Tracks' page as device is moving
3. On this device, from main menu goto to 'Member(s)/Roll Call ...' page, click the map button in the upper right corner, then click the tracks button at the upper right of the map to show member's tracks
!!! step 2 must be performed, otherwise, without members pused location, the app may be freeze on step 3 !!!
Q: How can I hide the location or tracks of (a) member(s) or mine on map?
Edit the member(s) profile and turn the location symbol into outline from solid.
Note: You can first test using this device as member's device to check if you can see the tracks and locations on the member map (not 'My Tracks' map)