Welcome to Wang Mobile!
Email to Author: Jiyong Jeff Wang
Attendance Roll Call On Map
NYC Subway Map
You can do following with this application:
Display your locations and trail on scaled subway map, offline tour map, offline map or online map. - see How can I see the latest/current location of (a) member(s) or mine
Find nearby subway routes and station(s) on the scaled offline subway map
Manage your friends and track them on the maps - see How can I see the latest/current location of (a) member(s) or mine
Plot past trails of your friends or yourself on the maps - see How can I see the latest/current location of (a) member(s) or mine
Keep notes, reminder, and run a timer
Log and report (in PDF) peoples attendance on incidents or events including your own personal activities - see Record attendance for an incident and check for reports
Backup your contacts and migrate to another phone - see How to share my contacts with friends?
An incident or event could be a session of a class in a school, a fire drill in a company, a working day for a crew, service crew's presence, uncle Joe's birthday, your shipping list, or the next oil change on your car, etc.
A group could be the name of the department in a company, a class name in a school, a working crew, a unit of soldiers in the army, or your self for your personal activities
If this the the first time you use the application, you should start by creating your own group(s) to organize peoples
Once you have the group(s) created, you can then add people to the group(s) or modify people's group association(s) afterwards
!!!Important, two default groups are created: Myself and Contacts - please don't delete them !!!
Record attendance for an incident and check for reports
1. go to 'Member(s)/Roll Call/Track on Map' page
2. Select the incident by clicking the incident button at the lower right corner
3. Select the group(s) that is(are) participating the incident by clicking the left side of the second row of the page
4. Click the Roll Call button at the lower left corner to start the Roll Call (recording)
5. Check people(s) who showed up and optionally add notes for the incident
6. Click Save/End
7. Click the report symbol on upper right corner of 'Member(s)/Roll Call/Track on Map' page for PDF report of attendances
8. Attendance results can be accessed on Incident/Event page
The app is initially loaded with template groups, peoples, and incidents, so you can play with them before deleting and creating your own data.
If you have pre version 2.2.8 and experience problems changing member's information, try to change its image first.
!!!Important, Don't delete the two default groups: Myself and Contacts !!! - deleting them may result in strange behavior
Help (within the Application)
You can return to the Help page by clicking the ... at the upper right corner followed by clicking ? then Help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to turn on/off tour map /subway map / offline map
A: Four (4) buttons are provided in the bottom of "Subway (Tour) Map / My Tracks ..." page to add/remove/turn on/off those maps in following order from left:
1. Offline map On/Off
2. Multi-task menu
3. Scaled Subway or Tour Map On/Off
4. Subway or Tour Map diagram On/Off
Please note that the buttons are in different symbols when the map layers are on/off.
For produduct in China, the 1st button is not available and the fourth button is for switching map regions between inside and outside of China.
Q: How to share my contacts with friends?
Step A: on your device
1 Open this application, go to Backup/Restore/Report Email page
2 Select Backup (Send Email) and Application Data then click 'Go'
3 In the email sender specify your friend's email address and modify the Subject line !!! DO NOT MODIFY ANY PART OF THE EMAIL BODY !!!
4 In the email sender, send the email to your friend
Step B: on your friend's device
1 Open the email from you, select the content of the email body and copy
2 Install this application, then open this application, go to Backup/Restore/Report Email page
3 Select Restore/Replace and Application Data
4 Paste the copied email content from 1 above into the text area between the two buttons then click 'Go'
5 !!!Important - Restart this application!!! (you can re-start by powering off then powering on your friend's phone/unit)
6 Now all members' information in this app. are transferred to your friend's phone/unit
Q: How to export all my members information to phone's contact's ?
1. In this application, from main menu go to 'Member(s)/Roll Call/Track on Map' page
2. Click the bi-directional arrow symbol next to the map symbol on the page top and follow on-screen instructions
Q: How to add member or my location id(s)
Step A: On your device, ask the member to send his/her location id which can be initiated if you are in member creation/editing page and click the location button
Step B: On member's device, go to 'xxx / My Tracks' page and click the location button on the lower left of the map page and follow the instructions to send the location id to you
The member sends his/her location from within 'xxx / My Tracks' page via SMS
Step C: On your device, after receiving the location id, edit the member's profile, and put the location id in the locid field and make sure the location button next to it is turned on (solid)
Note: Member's location id may change if the member re-installs the application
Q: How can I see the latest/current location of (a) member(s) or mine ?
1. Follow How to add member or my location id(s) described above
2. On member's device go to 'xxx / My Tracks...' page's top, click the Star button located in the middle of the page's top, location upload button so they both turn into red. On some Android devices, it may take up to an hour before it starts to post - an alert will show with message: 'Successfully posted your location ...'
3. On this device, from main menu goto to 'Member(s)/Roll Call ...' page, click the map symbol in the upper right corner, then click the location button to show member's location
Q: How can I see the tracks of (a) member(s) or mine?
1. Follow How to add member or my location id(s) described above
2. On member's device
- go to 'xxx / My Tracks...' page's top
- click the White Star in Green button located in page's top middle
- click the location upload/push button (a square arrow-out) so it turns into red
- move the device for about 100 meter (more responsive when driving)
- Android ONLY: click the 3-bar button in page bottom, then "My current Location" to get an immediate location push
- An alert will show with message: 'Successfully posted your location ...'
- The trail of the device will be plotted on the 'xxx / My Tracks' page as device is moving
3. On this device, from main menu goto to 'Member(s)/Roll Call ...' page, click the map button in the upper right corner, then click the tracks button at the upper right of the map to show member's tracks
!!! step 2 must be performed, otherwise, without members pused location, the app may be freeze on step 3 !!!
Q: How can I hide the location or tracks of (a) member(s) or mine on map?
Edit the member(s) profile and turn the location symbol into outline from solid.
Note: You can first test using this device as member's device to check if you can see the tracks and locations on the member map (not 'My Tracks' map)